Medical: Why Smaller Is Better
Today electronic equipment is becoming portable and the demand for better batteries with higher capacities, smaller size, and lower weight is increasing.
In every field and especially in the medical field, it is of great importance to choose the battery (a type of chemistry, capacity, power, the physical size of the battery or cell, etc.) and the required protections (protection circuit design and/or protection component selection) to suit product requirements. If required by the customer, a data communication card can be added to the SBS1 protocol.
This communication protocol is based on serial data communication between the battery and the user computer/product.
- Receiving data in real-time, such as voltage, current, working time, and longevity.
- A variety of applications in a computerized environment.
- Possibility of programming the following parameters: final voltage of unloading and loading of the case, limitation Stream in working mode with the app that communicates with the battery.
Medical equipment and in particular batteries that are a critical component in the product must pass a standard such as:
- UN38.3 Testing & Certification services –
- For rechargeable batteries (PI965 batteries separately + PI967 batteries inside device).
- For Primary (Not rechargeable) batteries (PI968 batteries separately + PI970 batteries inside device)}.
- IEC62133 battery safety testing for rechargeable batteries.
- IEC60086 battery safety testing for Primary (Not rechargeable) batteries
- And other safety and environmental conditions testing for batteries according to the project need.
The constant improvement in battery technology requires faster and safer charging. Higher accuracy in monitoring the charging process is required to reduce the charging time and reach the full capacity of the battery while preventing damage to the battery.
It is of utmost importance for every planner and developer of a battery-powered system to become familiar with the various technologies available in the batteries and their requirements and charging capabilities to select the right product for their system.
We are at Tamuz Electronics Ltd develops unique and custom design solutions of primary, rechargeable, and SMBus batteries, wall mount, desktop, and open-frame medical grade power supplies, smart and multichannel chargers, hospital grade power cords and medical wiring harnesses according to the medical and safety standards as well as to our medical OEM customers’ requirements.
Throughout the medical projects, we offer our customers a wide range of complete products and services, such as battery design, assembly, and testing, unique chargers development, medical cables, rapid prototypes development, strong technical support, professional counseling, and pre-compliance testing and approvals according to the medical and safety standards.